Conversation Starters help us dig deeper, connecting Sunday’s sermons with our Monday lives. These prompts have been designed to help Community Groups grow in their relationship with God, with one another, and with their neighbors. Please know that these questions are meant to be a resource to you. You do not have to follow them verbatim or get through them all. We trust you to know your group and to ask the questions based on your group needs.
1) Optional parallel reading for group discussion: Hebrews 12:1-7
2) How would you summarize the sermon in 60 seconds or less? What stood out to you?
3) Read Revelation 14:6. What’s significant about the gospel being described as ‘eternal’ and who the angel has chosen to proclaim to?
4) Are you more likely to fall into the sin of political idolatry or political passivity ie. that Election Day is everything or that Election Day is nothing? How do we guard against these opposite errors?
5) How should our faith inform our reaction to the election results? How can we as Christians respond with faith whether our candidate wins or loses?
Pray for our nation and our city as Election Day arrives, the weather turns, and sickness increases. Ask for the Lord’s guidance to be a light in our world this winter.