LIFE CONNECT QUESTIONS
Want to talk it over and connect this message to your everyday life? Good, us to! Change happens when we apply what learn and share it within community. Answer these questions so you can share with your Connect Group or talk it over with a personal friend.
Influence. One skill we want to develop in life is the stewardship of influence. We all have influence and are influenced. No matter the stage or season of life, we want to be God-honoring with our influence and insulate our hearts for wrong influences.
CONNECT IN CONVERSATION. [Conversation starters for your group.]
• Who is one person that had a positive influence on your life? How?
• How would you define or describe influence?
CONNECT TO THE WORD. [Read it and talk it out.]
• Read Proverbs 13:16-21. What do you notice about influence in these verses?
• In the message, a distinction was made between hypocrites and sinners. Why do you think God has no time for hypocrites but much time for sinners?
CONNECT WITH OTHERS. [Questions that create openness.]
• Can you share a recent example, either personal or culturally, where influence brought positive impact?
• Pastor Matthews said that not everyone should get access to our hearts. How can you determine what/who gets access?
• Insecurity sabotages our ability to influence others. What are some insecurities you’ve overcome? How did you overcome them?
CONNECT TO LIFE.
Which one of the following will you do this week?
• Make a list of 2 people you want to influence for Jesus. Invite them to church this week.
• What are two ways you can guard your heart? Share them with a close friend.
• Set an alarm to remind you to read God’s Word.
CONNECT IN PRAYER.
God, thank you for impacting us with your love. Your love gives us the confidence we need to live life well. Our desire is to be positive influences, pointing people toward You! Thank you, Holy Spirit, for empowering us live a life that honors you and gives us the boldness to be Godly influences to those we meet each day. When we feel insecure, remind us that You are
our confidence. In Jesus’ name, Amen.