THE WORD 3
· 39 Books in the Old Testament, 27 Books in the New Testament Scripture is the most impactful document in all of history.
· Reveals the Nature of God.
Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 The earth was formless and empty, and darkness covered the deep waters. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the surface of the waters. 3 Then God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. 4 And God saw that the light was good. Then he separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light “day” and the darkness “night.” And evening passed and morning came, marking the first day.
The Beginning Created Heavens and Earth (Building Blocks)
· The Earth contains approximately 1.33×1050 atoms. When you die your atoms continue on
· Spirit was hovering over surface of the waters, like a hen with chicks
· Hovering = protection, love, cherishing
Matthew 23:37 “O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the city that kills the prophets and stones God’s messengers! How often I have wanted to gather your children together as a hen protects her chicks beneath her wings, but you wouldn’t let me.
1. Spoke Light and separated it from darkness and called it the Day and night (Day one)
· Remember God is preparing
John 1:1 In the beginning the Word already existed.The Word was with God,and the Word was God.2 He existed in the beginning with God.3 God created everything through him,and nothing was created except through him.4 The Word gave life to everything that was created and his life brought light to everyone.5 The light shines in the darkness,and the darkness can never extinguish it.
· It was good is expressed in vs 10, 12, 18, 21, 25, 31 states it was very good.
Genesis 1:6 Then God said, “Let there be a space between the waters, to separate the waters of the heavens from the waters of the earth.” 7 And that is what happened. God made this space to separate the waters of the earth from the waters of the heavens. 8 God called the space “sky.”And evening passed and morning came, marking the second day.
· 2. Separated the waters of heaven and earth to create the space called sky (Day Two)
Genesis 1:9 Then God said, “Let the waters beneath the sky flow together into one place, so dry ground may appear.” And that is what happened. 10 God called the dry ground “land” and the waters “seas.” And God saw that it was good.11 Then God said, “Let the land sprout with vegetation—every sort of seed-bearing plant, and trees that grow seed-bearing fruit. These seeds will then produce the kinds of plants and trees from which they came.” And that is what happened.12 The land produced vegetation—all sorts of seed-bearing plants, and trees with seed-bearing fruit. Their seeds produced plants and trees of the same kind. And God saw that it was good.13 And evening passed and morning came, marking the third day.
· 3. Brought forth the dry land separating it from the seas. On the land he brought forth all vegetation, seed bearing plants, trees growing seed bearing fruit. Seeds that produced the same kind of plants. (Day 3)
Genesis 1: 14 Then God said, “Let lights appear in the sky to separate the day from the night. Let them be signs to mark the seasons, days, and years. 15 Let these lights in the sky shine down on the earth.” And that is what happened. 16 God made two great lights—the larger one to govern the day, and the smaller one to govern the night. He also made the stars. 17 God set these lights in the sky to light the earth, 18 to govern the day and night, and to separate the light from the darkness. And God saw that it was good. 19 And evening passed and morning came, marking the fourth day.
· 4. God spoke into existence the sun, moon and stars. He lit up the universe to mark the seasons, days and years. (Moses had no technology to reference) (Day 4)
Genesis 1:20 Then God said, “Let the waters swarm with fish and other life. Let the skies be filled with birds of every kind.” 21 So God created great sea creatures and every living thing that scurries and swarms in the water, and every sort of bird—each producing offspring of the same kind. And God saw that it was good. 22 Then God blessed them, saying, “Be fruitful and multiply. Let the fish fill the seas, and let the birds multiply on the earth.” 23 And evening passed and morning came, marking the fifth day.
· 5. Populated the seas with fish and other creatures, birds of every kind. (Day 5)
Genesis 1:24 Then God said, “Let the earth produce every sort of animal, each producing offspring of the same kind—livestock, small animals that scurry along the ground, and wild animals.” And that is what happened. 25 God made all sorts of wild animals, livestock, and small animals, each able to produce offspring of the same kind. And God saw that it was good.
· 6. God made all sorts of wild animals, livestock, small animals, each able to produce offspring
God creates everything. Then begins to define what supports and sustains life.
· He watches over you, don’t reject His care
· His plans are GOOD.. but they are HIS plans.