Worship Gathering - A New Normal: Finding New Rhythms of Life
We are starting a new sermon series called "A New Normal: Finding New Rhythms of Life". In this series we will be reminded that God is with us even in the disorienting, culture-shifting situations that we find ourselves in, whether because of a global pandemic like COVID-19, a new life stage by choice, or a sudden change by chance.
We'll look at several different stories in Scripture to illustrate how we might respond. This first week we will be looking at the Israelite people as they work to return from the Babylonian Exile. With their new-found freedom, they had to start making shifts to better realign their lives toward God.
When we move into different rhythms in our lives, what does it take for us to keep our focus on the main thing? What does God have you thinking about?
This is also our Communion Sunday. If you are joining us online, we encourage you to gather ahead of time the elements for Communion, the bread and juice.
Join us Sunday at 10:30am... and our worship service will be both online and inside! The link to the online service is on our website at (www.emmettnaz.org) and click on the Link to the Service.
1. What is one thing that stood out to you from this week’s message?
2. In Haggai, God’s people were not prioritizing worship. What do you find yourself giving priority to above worship?
3. How have life changes helped you realign yourself with God’s priorities?
4. What is your new normal right now? Do you see how God may be working to adjust your priorities in this time? (Or if not now, have you had to adjust to a new normal in the past?)
5. When have you seen a young child get into a messy situation and assume the adults around them are unaware of the mess?
6. Have you ever tried to fit your old furniture into a new apartment or house? What favorite item did you have to give up so that the new living situation would work?
7. How can we encourage and pray for each other as we live into God's ways this week?