"Promises made to God are promises kept"
THE LIFE OF JEPHTHAH: (11:1-12:7)
Five phases of his life:
1) His Rejection by his brothers (11:1-3)
2) His Elevation to leadership (11:4-11)
3) His Intercession for diplomacy (11:12-28)
4) His Devotion to the Lord (11:29-40)
5) His Confrontation with his family (12:1-7)
THE VOW, THE VICTORY, AND THE VIRTUE IN IT ALL (11:29-40)
Is making promises/vows to God wrong?
2 Corinthians 1:17-18,20
What are the benefits of making promises/vows to God?
1) shows a priority in my life.
2) puts forth a practice for my life (godly discipline)
3) leads to a promised testimony of life
What vows/promises is God calling you to honor Him in?