In a Growth Group, or with friends around the table or in the car, use these questions to help apply the sermon to life and take your next steps toward Jesus!
1. If you were to envision God coming down to visit people right now, how would you imagine that?
2. In what ways would our country today be judged for “idolatry?”
3. When we see people experience God’s judgement (or people we consider to be “bad” experiencing bad things) what is our attitude towards them? What was Micah’s response?
4. In what ways do the “powerful” oppress the “powerless” in our culture?
5. Micah 2:11 says: If a man should go about and utter wind and lies, saying, “I will preach to you of wine and strong drink,” he would be the preacher for this people! Is this accurately applied to some preachers today?
6. While the promise of a future shepherd to rescue the people of God is promising, what responsibilities does this metaphor put on them?
7. It’s easy to see Jesus, meek & mild as the Good Shepherd (Micah 2:12-13), but is there anything else in His life and ministry that connects Him to the God of Micah 1:2-4?