Questions to Ponder:
1. Has the pandemic changed Thanksgiving for you this year? If so, how?
2. Why is thankfulness such an important characteristic of Christ-followers?
3. What are some of the things that get in the way of thankfulness for us?
4. Jean Baudrillard wrote that “We now get our meaning in life from what we consume and our identity from the things we buy.” Do you agree or disagree? What effect does this have on thankfulness?
5. How does thankfulness relate to generosity?
6. Paul says in 2 Cor 9:15 that we have been given an “indescribable gift”. What is that gift?
7. How have you seen God providing for your needs over and abundantly?
Loving God, open our ears to hear your word and draw us closer to you, that the whole world may be one with you as you are one with us in Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.