Conversation Starters help us dig deeper, connecting Sunday’s sermons with our Monday lives. These prompts have been designed to help Community Groups grow in their relationship with God, with one another, and with their neighbors. Please know that these questions are meant to be a resource to you. You do not have to follow them verbatim or get through them all. We trust you to know your group and to ask the questions based on your group needs.
1) What stood out to you from the sermon?
2) It’s no secret that Revelation is a confusing book. During this sermon series, has the book of Revelation become a little clearer? In what ways have you come to see it as more relevant to your life?
3) In the sermon, it was pointed out that our first allegiance is to the values and ethics of the kingdom of God. How would political engagement, social media, and our workplaces be different if Christians consistently displayed the values of the Kingdom?
4) Read Revelation 7:15-17. How does this glimpse of heaven give us hope to endure suffering today?
5) Similarly, how does this vision of Jesus as sovereign over all things encourage you when you feel like things are out of control?
• Have each member of your group spend a few minutes sharing about their week, make note of any areas of joy or concern.
• As you pray for one another, feel free to mix it up; pray as a whole group or pair up and pray in smaller groups. Another idea is to pray for each person immediately after they share.