Hebrews 5:11-14 examines the responsibility of the Pupil
Immature or undeveloped disciples
· Can't feed themselves
· Can't grasp challenging truth
· Can't nurture and develop others spiritually
Maturing or developing disciples
· Feeds themselves daily through prayer and the devotional reading of Scripture.
· Is soundly confirmed in their salvation.
· Practices the way of righteousness through faith, obedience, and repentance.
· Invests his spiritual influence, knowledge, experience to make disciples.
· Develops a keen sensitivity to what delights and what grieves God.