Disciple our kids, showing them what Jesus looks like by the way we live in two ways:
1. Grace - we are called to disciple our kids in grace
- As we disciple with grace are we willing to be honest and admit our failures?
- Parenting is not just about their mistakes, but also our mistakes.
- They need to know we were not perfect: that we were lost.
- We need forgiveness, see how God’s grace meets you.
- Offer some kind of Grace of forgiveness.
2. Love - we are called to disciple them in love
How? With all your might, all your strength, and all your heart.
Without Jesus Christ our ability to forgive, have compassion, and love is greatly limited. In Christ we have the ability to have Christ live His life in us.
- Teach them to follow me, so they can watch how God graciously loved me and watch how I love others.
Goals of discipleship: show grace and love.