Questions to Ponder:
1. We all have different personalities. Would you describe yourself as more of a “thinker” (I tend to think through things intellectually) or more of a “feeler” (I tend to feel things emotionally).
2. When you came to faith, did it happen through an intellectual argument or through a personal/emotional encounter?
3. How would you describe the difference between “knowing about Jesus” and “personally experiencing Jesus”?
4. Where/When do you feel and experience the presence of God/Jesus most in your day to day life?
5. Rob told a story about D.L. Moody having a life-changing encounter with God’s love one day in New York City. Have there been vivid, memorable moments in your own relationship with God?
6. Rob said that the church doesn’t need more “information” but, rather, we need personal transformation. Why is the Holy Spirit essential for the church in our present cultural moment?
7. What practices and habits can we adopt to enable us to move more deeply into a real, intimate, personal experience of God in our life?
Loving God, open our ears to hear your word and draw us closer to you, that the whole world may be one with you as you are one with us in Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.