In a Growth Group, or with friends around the table or in the car, use these questions to help apply the sermon to life and take your next steps toward Jesus!
1. Who is your “joy?”
2. What does “Standing Firm in the Lord” mean to you personally?
3. How have you seen disunity in the church hinder the work of the Good News? (no names or specifics – keep it appropriate please)
4. How does being “Joyful” help protect unity?
5. Is having a “Gentle Spirit” dependent on having a certain type of personality, or is it required for everyone?
6. Are Anxiety and the Joy of the Lord able to be experienced at the same time? Why or why not?
7. Of the various things to set our minds on (True, Honorable, Just, Pure, Lovely, Commendable, Excellent & Praiseworthy) Which is easiest for you? Which is hardest for you?