Conversation Starters help us dig deeper, connecting Sunday’s sermons with our Monday lives. These prompts have been designed to help Community Groups grow in their relationship with God, with one another, and with their neighbors. Please know that these questions are meant to be a resource to you. You do not have to follow them verbatim or get through them all. We trust you to know your group and to ask the questions based on your group needs.
1) What stood out to you from the sermon?
2) John’s three central descriptions of Jesus in Revelation 1 are - the firstborn from the dead, the Faithful Witness, and the ruler of the kings on earth. Which of these three descriptions most impact you? Why?
3) At the end of Revelation 1, Jesus tells John, “Do not fear…” What about Revelation 1 addresses your fears? What in Revelation 1 helps you to believe that in Jesus, everything sad is coming untrue?
4) How do you think Revelation 1 uniquely addresses our unique time - of COVID19, impending election, the unrest in our streets? How might you use Revelation 1 to describe the hope of Jesus to someone who does not believe in Christ?
• Have each person in your group name one thing/area in their life where they want to see the reality of God more clearly.
• After each person shares, pray one of those 3 descriptions of Jesus (i.e., firstborn from the dead, Faithful Witness, the Ruler of the Kings on earth). For example, someone might share that they have an impending medical procedure - pray over them that Jesus, firstborn from the dead would give them courage in the face of medical uncertainty.