This man is an illustration of what salvation is like.
1) He was lame - unable to walk through this life. Before we come to Christ, we are unable to walk through life pleasing God.
2) He was poor - we as sinners are bankrupt before God - unable to repay our debt to God
3) He was outside the temple - Before Christ, we are all separated from God, no matter how close we are to the gate.
4) He was healed by the grace of God- we are healed from our sin by the grace of God.
5) He showed others what God had done, by walking, leaping and praising God. How excited were we when we found Christ?