1. Examine yourself (Mat 7:3-5)
· What’s the real issue(s)?
· What’s my motivation?
· How have I contributed to the conflict?
2. Look to God (Jas 3:17-18)
· Have I prayed?
· Am I committed to the goal of peacemaking?
· Am I relying on God’s word for wisdom and instruction?
3a. Overlook the offense (Pro 20:3)
· Is this something I can overlook or does it need to be resolved?
· Is it part of an ongoing pattern?
· Is it causing or risking significant harm to relationships or effectiveness in serving God?
3b. Gently Restore (Gal 6:1-2)
· Approach privately and share truth in love.
· Consider the needs of others in choosing the right time, place and words to use (Eph 4:29).
· If you can’t resolve it alone, seek help from others in the church (Mat 18:15-17).
· If resolved, forgive. If unresolved, be open to future restoration (Eph 4:32).