RECOGNIZING SATAN’S STRATEGIES
1. To present the bait and hide the hook.
2. To color sin as good.
3. To minimize the effect of sin.
4. To make you focus on your sin and miss your progress.
5. To present God as all mercy.
6. To point out how well non-Christians live.
7. To point out the losses, suffering and tough circumstances of some Christians.
8. To make Christian standards seem impossible.
9. To compare yourself to people whose sins are worse than yours.
10. To get you to focus on your sin, not your Savior.
11. To convince you don’t have what it take to follow Jesus.
12. To make the successful obsessed with themselves.
Adapted from “Precious Remedies Against Satan’s Devices” by Thomas Brooks, 1652