B. The crucifixion (event) was misinterpreted.
1. v. 20 “and how the chief priests and our rulers delivered Him to be condemned to death, and crucified Him.”
2. The cross was not a defeat. It was a victory.
3. Col. 2:15 “Having disarmed principalities and powers, He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them in it.”
• Disarmed, displayed, defeated
4. What event have you misinterpreted? Your greatest gains can come from your greatest pains.
5. Jesus’ wounds became scars. Jesus revealed Himself to the two disciples by His scars.
• v. 30 “Now it came to pass, as He sat at the table with them, that He took bread, blessed and broke it, and gave it to them.”