SEVEN COMMANDS OF CHRIST
Make Disciples For Christ
· Repent and Believe - Come to Faith in Christ
· Baptize New Believers - Be Set Apart
· Pray and Meditate on God’s Word - Life in God and His Word
· Love God, your Neighbor and Your Enemy - Christ likeness
· Partake of the Lord’s Supper - Remembering and Celebrating
· Give Joyfully – Trust and Surrender
· Make Disciples for Jesus Christ – The Mission
Jesus Unveils Disciple Making
Luke 10:1 The Lord now chose seventy-two other disciples and sent them ahead in pairs to all the towns and places he planned to visit.
· The disciples were sent out to the places Jesus was going to go.
2 These were his instructions to them: “The harvest is great, but the workers are few. So pray to the Lord who is in charge of the harvest; ask him to send more workers into his fields. 3 Now go, and remember that I am sending you out as lambs among wolves.
· The places they were being sent to represented more workers. They were being sent to prepare workers for the harvest, answering Jesus prayer.
4 Don’t take any money with you, nor a traveler’s bag, nor an extra pair of sandals. And don’t stop to greet anyone on the road.
· They were in the hands of the Lord their shepherd.
5 “Whenever you enter someone’s home, first say, ‘May God’s peace be on this house.’ 6 If those who live there are peaceful, the blessing will stand; if they are not, the blessing will return to you.
· Peace = Wholeness, blessedness, encompassing security, safety, prosperity, (because peace and harmony make and keep things safe and prosperous)
7 Don’t move around from home to home. Stay in one place, eating and drinking what they provide. Don’t hesitate to accept hospitality, because those who work deserve their pay.
· In Jewish culture, communities where incredibly close. Connecting with one family meant connecting with the community in many ways.
8 “If you enter a town and it welcomes you, eat whatever is set before you. 9 Heal the sick, and tell them, ‘The Kingdom of God is near you now.’
· The kingdom of God is near. The key to salvation is embracing it. The kingdom is LIFE!
10 But if a town refuses to welcome you, go out into its streets and say, 11 ‘We wipe even the dust of your town from our feet to show that we have abandoned you to your fate. And know this—the Kingdom of God is near!’ 12 I assure you, even wicked Sodom will be better off than such a town on judgment day.
Luke 10:16 Then he said to the disciples, “Anyone who accepts your message is also accepting me. And anyone who rejects you is rejecting me. And anyone who rejects me is rejecting God, who sent me.”
Luke 10:20 But don’t rejoice because evil spirits obey you; rejoice because your names are registered in heaven.”