Worship Gathering - Moses #7: Following God into the Unknown
Primary Text: Exodus 19&20
This Sunday is our last week in our look into the story of Moses. We are in Exodus 19&20. Moses and the Israelites arrive at the foot of Mount Sinai to have an encounter with God. In this situation, Moses takes on the role as mediator, working with the people and God as they establish a covenant between them.
As we look at this mediator role, what is a mediator and why is it important? We can see in Scripture that Jesus also takes on this kind of role for us. How is this significant? Not only that, but we also take on this role for others. Have you ever thought of yourself as a mediator? How does looking at Moses as mediator help you understand God's plan with Jesus? God's plan with us for others? What does God have you reflecting on this week?
This is Sunday we will also be dedicating Oliver Capen during the service! You won't want to miss this.
Join us Sunday at 10:30am... and our worship service will be both online and inside! The link to the online service is on our website at (www.emmettnaz.org) and click on the Link to the Service. If you would like to start preparing, read Exodus 19&20 (or 17 through 20 if you are an overachiever!)
1. What is one thing that stood out to you from this week’s message?
2. What was your favorite new thing you learned about Moses during this series?
3. What is a mediator? Why is it important to understand the role of a mediator in our faith?
4. Do you think that when God called Moses to confront Pharaoh, Moses envisioned that years later he would be the go-between for Israel and God? Why do you think he continued to do this work?
5. How does your knowledge of Moses help you better understand God’s salvation plan in Christ?
6. How can we encourage and pray for each other as we live into God's ways this week?