SMALL GROUP DISCUSSION QUESTIONS:
1. Which type of pride did you identify most with today? Why?
2. In your own words, define pride. Note the many different definitions that we covered today.
3. Why is it that all sins seem to stem from pride?
4. How can pride impact your relationship with your friends? Your family? Your church family?
5. Humility is the opposite of pride. What are some practical ways that you can cultivate humility in your own life?
6. How can transparency (being honest about your struggles) defeat pride?
7. Why do you think God places so much emphasis on humility in the Bible?
8. Can you think of a time when your pride has hindered you in some way? Explain to the group.
9. How is humility different from self-deprecation (degrading yourself/putting yourself down)?
10.Think about some areas of your life where you value yourself more than others. What are some practical steps you could take to begin to value others more?