THE POWER & PRICE OF REDEMPTION
· The Passover is the first appointed time and yearly celebration that the children of Israel were given by God to remember they are a redeemed people.
· Passover is the first of 7 appointed times (Moedim) that are given to God’s people to Rehearse, Remember God’s faithfulness in the past as well as a sign and shadow of things to come.
· God redeemed Israel after 400 years of slavery in Egypt.
· Egypt represents all the man made and demonic the systems embraced by the world’s people and leaders.
1 Peter 1:18-19 AMP
18 For you know that you were not redeemed from your useless [spiritually unproductive] way of life inherited [by tradition] from your forefathers with perishable things like silver and gold, 19 but [you were actually purchased] with precious blood, like that of a [sacrificial] lamb unblemished and spotless, the priceless blood of Christ.
· The inheritance passed down was the lies that they could worship Idols of Gold & Silver and this would make them righteous before God.
· This was the sin of Jeroboam who caused Israel to sin with the worship of Golden calves in Bethel and in Dan.
· Jeroboam led the ten Northern tribes into Apostasy saying it was too difficult to keep the appointed feasts and travel to Jerusalem to offer the sacrifice
1 Kings 12:28-31 NLV
28 So the king asked the leaders what he should do. And he made two calves of gold. Then he said to the people, “It is too much for you to go up to Jerusalem. Here are your gods, O Israel, that brought you up from the land of Egypt.” 29 He put one in Bethel, and the other in Dan. 30 Now this thing became a sin. For the people went to worship in front of them, even as far as Dan. 31 Jeroboam made houses on high places. He made religious leaders from among all the people, who were not of the sons of Levi.
Revelation 9:20 CEV
The people who lived through these terrible troubles did not turn away from the idols they had made, and they did not stop worshiping demons. They kept on worshiping idols that were made of gold, silver, bronze, stone, and wood. Not one of these idols could see, hear, or walk.
· The price of Redemption is not silver, gold, or worship that is not in sprit and truth. The price of redemption is not self-righteousness.
· God does not accept man’s idolatry and false worship as a price of redemption.
Psalm 4:6-7LB6 They trust in their wealth and boast about how rich they are, 7 yet not one of them, though rich as kings, can ransom his own brother from the penalty of sin! For God’s forgiveness does not come that way.[ 8-9 For a soul is far too precious to be ransomed by mere earthly wealth. There is not enough of it in all the earth to buy eternal life for just one soul, to keep it out of hell.
· When you celebrate Passover, you are to be celebrating the God who redeems from Egypt.
Deuteronomy 6:20-24 GW
20 In the future your children will ask you, “What do these regulations, laws, and rules which the Lord our God commanded you mean to you?” 21 Tell them, “We were Pharaoh’s slaves in Egypt, but the Lord used his mighty hand to bring us out of there. 22 Right before our eyes the Lord did miraculous signs and amazing things that were spectacular but terrible for Egypt, Pharaoh, and his whole family. 23 The Lord led us out of there to bring us here and give us this land he promised to our ancestors with an oath. 24 The Lord our God commanded us to obey all these laws and to fear him. These laws are for our own good as long as we live so that he will preserve our lives. It’s still true today.
· God redeems from Egypt to bring into a place of freedom and blessing!
· The price of redemption is costly and is cannot be measured by silver or gold.
Psalm 74:2 NAS Remember Your congregation, which You have purchased of old, Which You have redeemed to be the tribe of Your inheritance; And this Mount Zion, where You have dwelt.
1 Chronicles 17:20-22LB20 O Lord, there is no one like you—there is no other God. In fact, we have never even heard of another god like you!21 “And what other nation in all the earth is like Israel? You have made a unique nation and have redeemed it from Egypt so that the people could be your people. And you made a great name for yourself when you did glorious miracles in driving out the nations from before your people. 22 You have declared that your people Israel belong to you forever, and you have become their God.
· When you celebrate the Passover, you are celebrating a New Beginning and a New Life!
Exodus 12:1-12 GNT The Lord spoke to Moses and Aaron in Egypt: 2 “This month is to be the first month of the year for you. 3 Give these instructions to the whole community of Israel: On the tenth day of this month each man must choose either a lamb or a young goat for his household. 4 If his family is too small to eat a whole animal, he and his next-door neighbor may share an animal, in proportion to the number of people and the amount that each person can eat. 5 You may choose either a sheep or a goat, but it must be a one-year-old male without any defects. 6 Then, on the evening of the fourteenth day of the month, the whole community of Israel will kill the animals. 7 The people are to take some of the blood and put it on the doorposts and above the doors of the houses in which the animals are to be eaten. 8 That night the meat is to be roasted, and eaten with bitter herbs and with bread made without yeast. 9 Do not eat any of it raw or boiled, but eat it roasted whole, including the head, the legs, and the internal organs. 10 You must not leave any of it until morning; if any is left over, it must be burned. 11 You are to eat it quickly, for you are to be dressed for travel, with your sandals on your feet and your walking stick in your hand. It is the Passover Festival to honor me, the Lord. 12 “On that night I will go through the land of Egypt, killing every first-born male, both human and animal, and punishing all the gods of Egypt. I am the Lord. 13 The blood on the doorposts will be a sign to mark the houses in which you live. When I see the blood, I will pass over you and will not harm you when I punish the Egyptians. 14 You must celebrate this day as a religious festival to remind you of what I, the Lord, have done. Celebrate it for all time to come.”
· Jesus is the first-born Son of God! He will give his life as an unblemished lamb to redeem the rest of Israel & all of mankind from the bondage of sin and death.
· When you accept Jesus as Messiah, you become grafted and intertwined with Israel and the covenant God gave to Abraham the Hebrew.
· God confirmed his covenant with the entire Patriarch’s and the 12 tribes of the children of Israel. Jesus pays the power and price of redemption in full!
John 1:29 NKJV29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, “Behold! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!
Revelation 13:8 NKJV
8 All who dwell on the earth will worship him, whose names have not been written in the Book of Life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
· The blood of the lamb applied to your heart is necessary for redemption and salvation.
Revelation 5:8-14 NKJV 8 Now when He had taken the scroll, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb, each having a harp, and golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints. 9 And they sang a new song, saying:
“You are worthy to take the scroll,
And to open its seals;
For You were slain,
And have redeemed us to God by Your blood
Out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation,
10 And have made uskingand priests to our God;
And we shall reign on the earth.”
11 Then I looked, and I heard the voice of many angels around the throne, the living creatures, and the elders; and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands, 12 saying with a loud voice:
“Worthy is the Lamb who was slain
To receive power and riches and wisdom,
And strength and honor and glory and blessing!”
13 And every creature which is in heaven and on the earth and under the earth and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, I heard saying:
“Blessing and honor and glory and power
Be to Him who sits on the throne,
And to the Lamb, forever and ever!
14 Then the four living creatures said, “Amen!” And the twenty-fourelders fell down and worshiped Him who lives forever and ever
· The blood has to be applied to your heart and life and purchase you out of the slavery of sin and connects s you to God as His covenant people (congregation)
· The spiritual connection to God comes through the blood of Jesus and new birth where you get a spiritual blood transfusion!
· When the first murder in the bible occurred, the blood of Abel a righteous man began to cry out for justice from the earth.
Now the blood of Jesus speaks that has been applied to your heart speaks in heaven for you and gives us more than justice, it gives us access as sons and daughters to a Father.( Hebrews 12:24)
Hebrews 10:16-19 LB
16 “This is the agreement I will make with the people of Israel, though they broke their first agreement: I will write my laws into their minds so that they will always know my will, and I will put my laws in their hearts so that they will want to obey them.” 17 And then he adds, “I will never again remember their sins and lawless deeds.”
18 Now, when sins have once been forever forgiven and forgotten, there is no need to offer more sacrifices to get rid of them.19 And so, dear brothers, now we may walk right into the very Holy of Holies, where God is, because of the blood of Jesus.
10 Then I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, “Now salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of His Christ have come, for the accuser of our brethren, who accused them before our God day and night, has been cast down. 11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death.
Psalm 107:1-2 Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever. 2 Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, Whom He has redeemed from the hand of the enemy,