Eternal One: I am the Eternal One, the God of Abraham your father and the God of Isaac. The land on which you are now lying is the land I have promised to give to you and your descendants.
14. Your descendants will be as many as there are specks of dust on the earth. You will spread out to the west, east, north, and south. Through your descendants, all the families of the earth will find true blessing.
15. Know I am with you, and I will watch over you no matter where you go. One day I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done all I have promised you.
16. The dream ended, and Jacob woke up from his sleep.
Jacob(to himself): There is no doubt in my mind that the Eternal One is in this place—and I didn’t even know it!
18. So early the next morning Jacob took the stone he had put under his head, set it up as a pillar, and then poured oil on top of it to commemorate his experience with God.
19. He named that place Bethel, which means “house of God.”
If you are here checking out us for the first time today, welcome! We are grateful that you’ve made Centerpoint a part of your Sunday. Before you leave today, please take a moment to fill out your Connect Card and leave some feedback while it’s still fresh in your mind. For every first time guest card turned in today, we're going to make a five dollar donation to the Good Samaritan food bank. Through their partnerships with other local agencies around our city, they take that five dollar donation and turn it into fifty dollars worth of groceries to serve families in need. So just by being here for the first time, and filling out your Connect Card, you're helping our church be the church that God is calling us to be. You can drop your Connect Card in the bucket as offering is being received at the end of service.
Let us Pray for YOU!
You're not on this journey alone! Let us know how we can pray for you.
We believe when you give God your first and your best He will bless the rest! You can rest assured that every dollar you give to Centerpoint helps us show the crazy love of Jesus to our city and the world!