II. The trained men and women (disciples) trained (discipled) others by bringing out the old and new treasures of the scriptures. 52B
The Parable of the sower
- He was teaching them the dynamics of evangelism and discipleship.
- Sometimes the seed falls on fertile soil… sometimes it falls on rocky ground.
- We are not responsible for the harvest… we are just responsible to sow the seed.
The Parable of the weeds
- He was teaching about how the enemy is always there to counter our efforts at planting.
- He tells how in the end the Father will execute His justice on the enemy and “the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of the Father.”
The Parables of the mustard seed, the leaven, the hidden treasure, the pearl of great value and the net.
- He is telling about the kingdom of God… things that are to come… things that the disciples have not seen, but are to come to pass and that relate also to the things that have been transpiring for thousands of years.
- Jesus is training his disciples to be men and women with the ability to bring out all the treasures of God. Old and New.
To lead the world to invest their lives in the future of His kingdom.