I. Wise men seek the Savior to adore; Wise guys are threatened by the Savior. 1-4
False history about the wise men:
1. They were not kings- they were magi… they were experts in philosophy and physics and astronomy.
2. There were not necessarily 3 of them.
3. They did not come to the manger. They arrive sometime after Jesus’ birth and after the holy family had settled into a house in Bethlehem.
There are two kinds of people in the world. Wise men and women… and wise guys.
Be wise. Don’t be a wise-guy.
- A wise person acknowledges and rejoices in the truth.
- A wise-guy is troubled by the truth.
- A wise person seeks a savior to worship.
- A wise-guy lies and schemes and manipulates to save himself.
- A wise person bows down before the judge of all the earth.
- A wise-guy wrestle’s against the authority of the judge, he attempts to bribe. He attacks the character of the judge. He does all in his power to loose himself from divine authority.
Your only hope is to have bowed down before Jesus and acknowledged him as your Lord…. Asked for his forgiveness… and committed your life to obedience to Him.
So… will you be found wise, like the wise men… or will you be exposed as a wise-guy, like Herod