L I F E
C O N N E C T
Q U E S T I O N S
(1) Have you ever taken a foreign language class? Can you still speak any of that language?
(2) Read 1 Corinthians 14. Discuss what you observe in the passage(s).
(3) Was there anything in that passage that you didn’t understand or seemed confusing? Was there anything in the message on Sunday that brought up a question for you or you found to be unclear? Ask your Connect Group.
(4) What did God speak to you personally through this message? What is one way you can apply it to your day-to-day life?
(5) Read Genesis 11:1-9 & Acts 2. What are some of the similarities between the two stories?
(6) Jesus told us God is a good Father (see Luke 11:9-13) and wouldn’t pull tricks on us, giving us something that would be detrimental to us. He also said, anyone who asks, would receive the Holy Spirit. If you desire to baptized in the Holy Spirit, all you have to do is ask. So take some time this week, when you are alone and ask God to fill you. Then, tell your Connect Group leader about it or send us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) - we’d love to celebrate it with you!
Sample prayer to receive the baptism in the Holy Spirit:
Jesus, I ask you to fill me with your Spirit. Fill me to overflow with all you want to give. You said, that all I need to do is ask, and I would receive your Spirit’s fullness. So I ask to be filled, like the Acts 2 describes, with your power and presence. Embolden me to be a witness for you. Release the fullness of the gifts of the Holy Spirit and I ask for You to grace me with my personal prayer language today. You are holy and wonderful. I praise Your name, Jesus. Amen.