L I F E
C O N N E C T
Q U E S T I O N S
THIS WEEK: Read1 Corinthians 12, 13, & 14
The resurrection gave the disciples reassurance of Christ’s divinity. The Holy Spirit gave them the power/boldness to go live like Jesus.
(1) Have you ever tried to cook something for the first time without a recipe? Have you ever tried to build something without the proper tools? How did it turn out?
(2) Read Acts 1:1-8. According to that scripture, why does Jesus want to give His followers the power of the Holy Spirit? Do you think the same reason is valid for His followers today?
(3) Galatians 5:16-23 tells us some more benefits of the power of the Holy Spirit in our lives. Of those benefits, which one (or two) do you find yourself needing the most in this season of life?
(4) What is the worst “gift” you’ve ever been given?
(5) The Holy Spirit wants to give us good gifts. Read 1 Corinthians 12:1-11. Talk about the gifts of the Spirit with your group. Have you ever seen someone operate in a gifts? Where was it and what happened?
(6) The thing about gifts, is that they have to be given and received. Why do you think some people might reject the gifts of the Holy Spirit (knowingly or unknowingly)?