II. … “For behold, I bring you good news of great joy…”
Here the Angel is telling the Shepherds that He has come to bring two things… Good news and great joy.
What is the good news?
He is a Savior who is Christ.
- He is a rescuer like Noah, except He does not have to rescue Himself
- He is like Father Abraham… except he is the Almighty Father.
- He is the prophet like Moses except He does not need a priest, or a judge, or a king, because He is the supreme prophet, He is the Great High Priest and He is the King of Kings.
- He is the Son of Man, Son of David… and the Son of God.
He is the Lord.
- He is God, the Great I Am wrapped in human flesh.
- He is the Image of the invisible God.
- He is the Radiance of His Glory.
- He is the Exact imprint of His nature.
All things were created by Him and through Him and for Him.
He was born to the Shepherds that day… and He was born to us.
He existed before time began, but on that day, He stepped out of the realm of eternity and into our present reality.
The immovable mover who upholds the entire universe by the power of His word took up residence and lived among men.
You Will Not Hear Better News!