LifeGroup Discussion Questions
1) What most encouraged you, challenged you, or gave you hope from today's message?
2) What comes to your mind when you think of Advent?
3) Read Micah 5:2-5. What is the big idea? How would this be especially good news and bring hope to the original hearers experiencing exile and living under foreign rule?
4) Read Matthew 1:18-25. What is the big idea? What is Joseph's chief disappointment? What might be his hope? As much as possible, try to answer these two questions while putting yourself in Joseph's shoes. Can you think of any other Scriptures that help you focus on hope when you are facing disappointment?
5) Reflect upon repeated expressions of hope in Lamentations 3:21-29, words uttered by the prophet Jeremiah during a most awful time in his life. Hope is also a repeated theme found in 1 Peter 1. List some reasons for the apostle Peter's hope.
6) What is your hope this Christmas? If you feel comfortable, take turns sharing what you wrote down as we concluded Sunday’s message. What will you do, and how will you pray, as you anticipate Christ’s victory for the next 21 days? Commit to praying for each other along these lines.