III. In our day- It is hope for eternity.
We live in the age after the birth, life, death, and resurrection of Christ. As such we live in a time of great hope in the living Christ.
We can identify with the Israelites in Babylonian captivity.
- We are held captive by a society who doesn’t know our God.
We can identify with the the Shepherds and Kings waiting for the coming Savior.
- We wait for the light to shine out of the darkness… for Him to make His enemies His footstool. For the Satan and death himself to be cast into the deepest pit of hell never to return and plague us ever again!
Even in this present evil age, in these difficult days, when evil men are going from bad to worse. When many are departing from the faith. When many are being led astray by false teachers.
- When thousands of unborn babies are murdered every year.
- When thousands upon thousands die of drug overdoses each year.
- When suicide claims the lives of thousands more.
- When wars and rumors of wars plagues our souls.
- When persecutions persist.
- When mass shootings are in the news every single month.
- When loss upon loss is felt in our immediate and extended families.
Hope that does not disappoint.
- He has poured out His spirit into our hearts of faith.