Philippians 1:12-26(951 & 1823): Paul’s Perseverance
I) The apostle Paul was _________________ for preaching the gospel.
What difficult situations are you facing in your life?
II) Paul's response: What ____________ can God bring out of this difficult situation?
How do you respond to your difficult situations?
III) Three outcomes of approaching challenges this way.
A) Paul _______________________ God at work!
1) Paul is not ____________. He sees the good and the bad.
2) The palace guard is __________________ the gospel.
3) Other believers are ________________ to share the gospel as well.
4) God can give us similar _____________ into our own lives.
What good can God bring out of your difficult situations?
“Don’t bear trouble. Use it. . . .Take whatever happens - justice and injustice, pleasure and pain, compliment and criticism — take it up into the purpose of your life and make something out of it. Turn it into testimony. Don’t explain evil, exploit it, make it serve you.” - E. Stanley Jones
B) God gave Paul ______________________ to patently endure.
God strengthens us too!
C) Paul _______________________ his desires to God’s will.
1) Paul eagerly ______________ his death and spending eternity with Christ.
2) Paul knew that if he lived God would continue to _________ him to spread the gospel.
3) The Holy Spirit can ___________ us surrender to God’s will for our lives.
The Blessing of Unanswered Prayers - Unknown Confederate soldier
I asked for strength that I might achieve;
I was made weak that I might learn humbly to obey.
I asked for health that I might do greater things;
I was given infirmity that I might do better things.
I asked for riches that I might be happy;
I was given poverty that I might be wise.
I asked for power that I might have the praise of men;
I was given weakness that I might feel the need of God.
I asked for all things that I might enjoy life;
I was given life that I might enjoy all things.
I got nothing that I had asked for,
but everything that I had hoped for.
Almost despite myself my unspoken prayers were answered;
I am, among all men, most richly blessed.