TOGETHER to get there 12
God's Desire 2
John 17:20 “I am praying not only for these disciples but also for all who will ever believe in me through their message. 21 I pray that they will all be one, just as you and I are one—as you are in me, Father, and I am in you. And may they be in us so that the world will believe you sent me.
John 17:22 “I have given them the glory you gave me, so they may be one as we are one.23 I am in them and you are in me. May they experience such perfect unity that the world will know that you sent me and that you love them as much as you love me. 24 Father, I want these whom you have given me to be with me where I am. Then they can see all the glory you gave me because you loved me even before the world began!
Focus on self destroys union/unity
Isaiah 14 is Satan’s 5 “I Wills”
Ezekiel 28:14 I ordained and anointed youas the mighty angelic guardian.You had access to the holy mountain of Godand walked among the stones of fire
· Angel Guardian = Present, covering, support.
· 3 Angels mentioned in Scripture (Each with third of Angels most likely)
Gabriel – Stands in God's Presence
Michael – Archangel who wars in spiritual realm.
Lucifer – A Guardian of Worship
· Word, Prayer, Worship
· Three is symbolic of unity.
· Ecclesiastes 4:12 A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can stand back-to-back and conquer. Three are even better, for a triple-braided cord is not easily broken.
God’s oneness is displayed in the Trinity
· Modeled through the trinity.
· Matthew 28:19 Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.
· Matthew 3:16 After his baptism, as Jesus came up out of the water, the heavens were opened and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and settling on him.17 And a voice from heaven said, “This is my dearly loved Son, who brings me great joy.”
· God exists as a community of connected persons.
He Created Out of What It Will Return To
· When God wanted something He spoke to what He made it from, sustained by and return to.
· Genesis 1:11 Then God said, “Let the land sprout with vegetation—every sort of seed-bearing plant, and trees that grow seed-bearing fruit. These seeds will then produce the kinds of plants and trees from which they came.”
· God didn’t say let there be plants
· Things “made” come from something to be sustained by it
· To create is to form something out of nothing
· When God wanted men and women, He spoke to Himself
· My body was formed from the dirt
· BUT my spirit was created by God
He created us in His image
· Genesis 1:26 Then God said, “Let us make human beings in our image, to be like us. They will reign over the fish in the sea, the birds in the sky, the livestock, all the wild animals on the earth, and the small animals that scurry along the ground.” 27 So God created human beings in his own image.In the image of God he created them;male and female he created them.
· Genesis 1:2 Earth was without form. Chaotic, empty and dark.
We are designed to connect:
· In connecting with others we nourish and experience full life
· Unity is experienced through worship
· Worship brings us together to get eyes off our differences
Worship opens our heart to intimate interaction with God.. His greatest desire
· Matthew 23:37 “O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the city that kills the prophets and stones God’s messengers! How often I have wanted to gather your children together as a hen protects her chicks beneath her wings, but you wouldn’t let me.
· Psalm 95:6 Come, let us worship and bow down.Let us kneel before the Lord our maker, 7 for he is our God.We are the people he watches over,the flock under his care.
· Psalm 100:1 Shout with joy to the Lord, all the earth! 2 Worship the Lord with gladness.Come before him, singing with joy.3 Acknowledge that the Lord is God! He made us, and we are his. We are his people, the sheep of his pasture.