How does one experience spiritual growth with God?
WE NEED TO SEE GOD, Isaiah 6:1-4
- He Saw God’s Position, v. 1 - Isaiah saw God in His sovereignty. An earthly king may have died, but the Lord still reigned. He saw the Lord in all His glory.
- He Saw God’s Personality, vv. 2-3- The angelic beings in the temple proclaimed the tripartite holy nature of the God of Heaven. Even those sinless creatures were careful to honor the holiness and purity of the Lord.
- He Saw God’s Presence, v. 4 - We are told that the “house was filled with smoke”. This was a symbol of the presence of God.
WE NEED TO SENSE GRACE, Isaiah 6:5-7
- He Sensed His Own Condition, v. 5 - When Isaiah saw the Lord, he instantly realized that there were problems within his own heart.
- He Sensed His God’s Cleansing [power], vv. 6-7 - Thank God, the Lord does not just point out our sins, He also provides a means for our cleansing!
WE NEED TO SAY YES, Isaiah 6:8
- He Said “I Am Available” - As soon as Isaiah gets His heart clean, he hears the call of the Lord.
- He Said “I Am Agreeable” - Isaiah not only told the Lord of His availability, but he also mentioned his agreeability!