In a Growth Group, or with friends around the table or in the car, use these questions to help apply the sermon to life and take your next steps toward Jesus!
1. What is one “Bad thing” from your past that now in hindsight you can look back and see how God used it for good?
2. What current difficulty are you having a hard time believing God can redeem for good?
3. Just like Paul’s imprisonment gave him opportunity to be like Jesus through unjust punishment, what is one way current struggles are helping you take your next step towards becoming like Christ?
4. Name one Christian whose good example has encouraged you to live more boldly for Jesus and how?
5. When do you think it’s appropriate to judge other people’s motives?
6. How do we become aware of our own motives, and how can close relationships help us with this?
7. If you could envision yourself looking back on your life from eternity, how would that change your perspective of your current struggles?