III. Worship and Daily Life
1. God takes worship VERY seriously.
• Worshipping false gods is tantamount to adultery.
• The first four of the Ten Commandments focus on worship.
2. Correct aim of our worship is a CONSTANT battle.
• Flesh and spirit are at war within us.
• There are laws ruling over our thoughts and behaviors.
3. Correct aim of our worship comes from KNOWLEDGE.
• Saving zeal for God is rooted in the truth of the Word.
• We have all the knowledge we need at our fingertips.
4. CONTEMPLATING truth compelled Biblical writers to worship:
• God’s salvation and the grace that provides it.
• God’s guarding of helpless sinners by faith.
• God’s sovereignty over the rebellious hearts of men.