Worship Gathering - Moses: Following God into the Unknown #2
Primary Text: Exodus 2
As we start into the second week of our sermon series on the life of Moses, we see some important developments in his life. Although Moses is an adopted son blessed to be raised in a palace, he somehow knows where he comes from and he is willing to risk the palace life to defend his brother. Then he runs away from both. Yet he remains on God's radar wherever he goes.
Have you ever struggled to find who you fit in with? And as Moses seems to get ahead of God in rescuing His people, have you ever struggled to wait on the Lord... taking matters into your own hands instead? Maybe you feel like you have completely missed the plans of God for your life and don't believe He could ever use you now. What does God have you reflecting on this week?
Join us Sunday at 10:30am... and our worship service will be both online and inside! The link to the online service is on our website at (www.emmettnaz.org) and click on the Link to the Service. If you would like to start preparing, read Exodus 2.
1. What is one thing that stood out to you from this week’s message?
2. If you were adopted, do you think you would explore your "roots" like Moses did (v.11)? Why or why not?
3. What would you do if you came across someone beating up your friend? How about if you didn't know the victim?
4. What do you think got into Moses to cause him to give up life in the palace to fight for the oppressed? Do you think he had any regrets?
5. Are you ever tempted to take matters into your own hands rather than waiting on God's plan to develop? What might help you to stay patient?
6. How can we encourage and pray for each other as we live into God's ways this week?