1. I will stand at my guardpost - Be Still
- Separate yourself
- Quiet your mind down,
- Read scripture
2. Wait to see - Fix your eyes on Jesus
- When you are focused on Jesus the things of the world can fade away
- Look/ listen - Expect to encounter God -this is a step of faith
3. What He will speak to me - God's voice often comes as spontaneous thoughts
- Like your own thoughts but spontaneous.
- Easily cut off by our will, thoughts, etc.
- When embraced they come with a strength and a joy to carry them out.
- Your spiritual senses are trained and tuned and with practice it becomes easier to hear God.
- God is speaking all the time, you do hear his voice. Oftentimes we group all the thoughts together and assume they are ours.
4.Then the Lord said to me, “Write my answer plainly” -Write out the flow of thoughts and pictures that light upon your heart and mind.
- This gives your brain something to do so it is not as easily distracted (it has a job)
- By writing it down you have a record you can go back to later when you need that encouragement.
- More importantly you can test it- ensure it is God speaking.
Mark Virkler say, “Two way journaling - You write your thoughts and questions to God and God responds. The entire conversation is recorded on paper. It is two friends sharing love together. It is not just sharing your heart and you leave. It is you letting God share His heart back with you.”
Ask a question, write down any thoughts that enter your mind.
Keep writing until the thoughts stop.
Ask another question.
Write down the thoughts that come to you
Then after the fact you can check it