The Real Thing Pressure Points, Part 1 | Intro to the Book of James
- Written by James, the brother of Jesus around AD 45
- James may have not been a believer in Jesus as Messiah until after the resurrection
- Written to counteract a belief that Christians had no responsibility to grow and serve.
- Definitive description of the relationship between faith and works in the Christian life.
- James was martyred in AD 62.
James’ concern was Real Faith vs. Dead Faith. And he gives us 11 key what I’m calling pressure points to tests our faith.
How Does Your Faith Respond to Certain Pressures and Conditions? Our hearts response determines spiritual life and maturity and a path to spiritual health.
In Spiritual Growth, the needle is the word of God and the will of God, and it probes our hearts and souls to create the conditions for life and spiritual health.
Some of the challenges: Is my faith real, alive, active?Am I maturing, growing, moving forward in faith? Does my life demonstrate the character of someone who Christ indwells? If not, how can I get on track for spiritual growth?