LifeGroup Discussion Questions
1. What are you most excited for as we head into the fall?
2. Take a moment to look back through the section headings in Hebrews. Share a sentence of two to summarize each section. What is your biggest take away from this series?
3. What are some of the portraits you had of God growing up, or even today?
4. Read Exodus 15:11; Proverbs 9:10; and 1 Peter 1:15. Are you drawn to the concept of God’s awe-some holiness, or do you tend to shy away from it?
5. Read Hebrews 12:28-29 & Hebrews 13:1-9. What are a few ways we can worship God without singing?
6. Make a list of ‘encounters with God’ in the Bible. How did people/angels respond. To get you started, read Isaiah 6:1-7 and Acts 9:1-6.
7. What can we do to stimulate our sense of awe and reverence for God? Pray for a desire to draw nearer to God, as He is revealed.
- The Pursuit of Holiness, Jerry Bridges
- Knowledge of the Holy, AW Tozer