RUNNING PARTNER QUESTIONS
(1) When you were growing up, did you ever wish you were someone else? Who was it? Why?
(2) We talked about playing to "an audience of one" in the message. Do we care what God thinks or are we driven by what others think? Are you prone to people-pleasing, self-promotion, earn your spot?
(3) Read Genesis 25:23. What observations do you have from this verse? What should this mean for Jacob's future (the second born)?
(4) Read Genesis 27. This chapter is filled with deception and taking matters into their own hands. What does this say about their trust in God's plan? Where do you struggle to trust God?
(5) We talked about three ways to defeat people-pleasing in our life. To own that we're going to disappoint someone. To realize that some people won't like you. And to not say "yes" immediately, but let it "sit a bit". What can you do this week to move past these?
(6) To find our true "self", we need to minimize what others think of us, and maximize my focus on what God thinks of me. Read 1 Corinthians 4:3. What does this say about this? How can you maximize your focus on what God thinks of you?
(7) "God has never looked in the mirror and wished he saw someone else". Do you believe that to be true for you? If that's true, what might that mean for you?