· Do you strategically put yourself in harm’s way for the Lord?
· Do you participate in traditions, that you have fought against, for the sake of appeasing others?
· Paul’s answered “yes” to both questions in this chapter
· Paul had previously answered these same questions “no”
· It appears that Paul was following specific direction from the Lord (Joshua 9:14)
What about Rights?
· Does a Christian have a right to safety?
· Does a Christian have a right to freedom in Christ?
· Does a Christian have a right to their dreams and goals?
· Does a Christian have a right to decide what to do with their money?
· A Christian has the same rights as anyone else
· Yet, we are asked to voluntarily surrender our rights to the Lordship of Jesus (Romans 12:1, Matthew 16:24)
· We follow Jesus example – He voluntarily laid aside His rights to serve us
· We trust in the goodness, wisdom and grace of Jesus to lead us in what will make the greatest Kingdom impact