How Do I Anchor My Life To God’s Word?
• Regard God’s word as a gift to me!
“Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change. Of his own will he brought us forth by the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.” (James 1:17-18)
Five Truths About The Gift of God’s Word:
1. It’s good. “Every good gift …” (James 1:17a)
2. It’s perfect. “... and every perfect gift …” (James 1:17a)
3. It’s true. “... the word of truth …” (James 1:18a)
4. It’s unchanging. “... there is not variation or shadow due to change …” (James 1:17c)
5. It’s life-giving. “Of his own will he brought us forth by the word of truth …” (James 1:18b)
• Receive whatever God says.
“Therefore put away all filthiness and rampant wickedness and receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls.” (James 1:21)