Ephesians Week 7
"Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love."
1. In verse 1, what does Paul urge the readers of Ephesians to do?
See also Philippians 1:27, Colossians 1:10 and 1 Thessalonians 2:12. Note what these verses say about walking worthy or living life or their conduct.
2. In verse 2 – what four ways show that we are living this life worthy of our calling?
3. In verse 3 what are we to make every effort to do? Through what are we to do this? Read again Ephesians 2:14-22 to refresh your mind about the unity Paul is speaking of.
4. Read verse 7. Also read Ephesians 3:7-8. Paul’s gift of grace was to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles. According to 4:7, who else has been given grace? How?
5. Read verses 11 and 12. What are the gifts of grace stated in verse 11? What is their two-fold purpose according to verse 12?
6. God has chosen us – individually and as a church – to be Christ’s representatives on earth. Read Ephesians 4:1-3. How are you oing in walking or living the life you have been called to I Christ? In what area do you need to grow? Are you doing your part in supporting the body in love?