TALK IT OVER
1. What’s something about you or your life that you have some healthy confidence about?
2. What’s something you’re not confident about?
3. People pleasers, fishers, and one-uppers all manifest their insecurities in different ways. Which type do you identify with most?
4. Have your insecurities ever kept you from obeying God or following your dreams? What happened?
5. How would your life look different if you shifted your focus from self-confidence to God-confidence?
6. Three truths help build our God-confidence: believing God is always for us, God always helps us, and God is still working in us. Do you have difficulty believing any of those truths? Talk about it.
7. What are some ways you can become more confident in God and the work He’s doing in your life this week?
Start praying. Be bold and pray with power.
Father, thank You for all the ways in which You strengthen us and prepare us for the future. Help us to remember that no matter what work You set in front of us or what struggles come our way, we can rely on Your power to continue forward each day. In Jesus’ name, amen.
Start doing. Commit to a step and live it out this week.
Which truth(s) from the verses shared in this message could you benefit from writing down and memorizing? That’s a great step to take.