Worship Gathering - The Story of Joseph
Primary Text: Genesis 39:6-20
We are in the third week of a sermon series looking at the story of Joseph as we look at making lemonade out of lemons. Joseph's life seemed to be full of sour moments, and yet God still had a plan for his life that was much more than anger and bitterness aimed toward the difficult and unfair things he was facing. In the story this week, we see something come into Joseph's life that he knows is wrong but he could easily justify as something he deserves.
Where do we go in those sour moments in life? Do we choose to make the most of our situation with the fake sugars that are available? Or do we continue to trust in the real sugar... the ways of God... even though it seems like there is not enough to make our drink palatable? What does God have you reflecting on this week?
Join us Sunday at 10:30am... and our worship service will be both online and inside! The link to the online service is on our website at (www.emmettnaz.org) and click on the Link to the Service. If you would like to start preparing, read Genesis 39.
1. What is one thing that stood out to you from this week’s message?
2. Even when we are faithful serving God and others, life can change in an instant. When we experience these times, how do we respond?
3. Read 1 Corinthians 10:12–13. What are one or two temptations that you currently struggle with?
4. When you are battling these temptations, how can you remember that God is with you? And that He has a better plan?
5. In the life of Joseph, we know the journey ends with his great success. Yet, we don't know how our journey will end. How can we keep our eyes on Christ when the journey may be all that we have in this life?
6. How can we pray for and encourage each other in this?