(1) What's the dumbest or most foolish thing you remember saying with your "big fat mouth"?
(2) Read Proverbs 18:21. Recall a time when you've experienced people speaking words of life to you. What did they say? How about words of death?
(3) Read James 1:19-21. Do a little self-evaluation. How are you doing (really) in being "quick to listen and slow to speak"? Who in your life is this the hardest with?
(4) What can you do this week to seek to hear and understand the person you talked about in the previous question?
(5) How is anger tied to how we use our words? What does James say happens when we get angry? Where and how have you seen that in your own life?
(6) Who have you been trying to be right "AT" vs. "WITH"? What's one step you could take this week to make the shift from AT to WITH?