4. The Apostle Paul shares what we as Christians are to “put-off,” or “put away” here in Ephesians 4:22, 25-31 and in Colossians 3:5-9. Read both and compare the two. Which vices or “what is earthly in you” are mentioned both places and which ones are not?
5. The Apostle Paul shares what we as Christians are to “put-on” here in Ephesians 4:23-24, 32 and Colossians 3:12-14. Read both and compare the two. Which godly actions/behaviors are mentioned both places and which ones are not?
6. How do we “put-off” the earthly/fleshly actions and “put-on” the godly actions? If we cannot save ourselves, why does Paul tell us to do so? Why do we still need to put-off the bad stuff if we are Christ-followers?
7. Three times in Ephesians 4 (in verses 12, 16, 29) we see the word “edify” or build-up or building up. Why is building up so crucial in our relationships as Christ-followers? What are ways that you intentionally try to build-up others?
8. Much emphasis is made for churches to grow; however; healthy things grow. According to Ephesians 4, how is the best way for Bent Tree Church to grow? What can you do personally to ensure that Bent Tree Church grows?