What is the relationship between the gardener, the vine, and the branches? What is the job of each one?
Read Isaiah 5:1-7 ‘The Song of the Vineyard’
Retell the story of God and His vineyard in your own words.
Check out Jesus’ other ‘I AM’ statements in John’s Gospel:
· I AM the bread of life; John 6:35
· I AM the light of the world; John 8:12
· I AM the door of the sheep; John 10:7, 9
· I AM the resurrection and the life; John 11:25
· I AM the good shepherd; John 10:11, 14
· I AM the way, the truth, and the life; John 14:6
· I AM the true vine; John 15:1
Read Isaiah 6:1-13
‘Isaiah’s Commission’ and God’s promise of the ‘Holy Seed’
When Jesus said that He is the ‘True Vine’, He is claiming that He is now the singular vehicle through which God will create a people for Himself.
Read John 14:6