Worship Gathering - How to Squander Your Potential #3
Primary Text: 1 Samuel 15:1-23
This Sunday is the third week of the sermon series: How to Squander Your Potential. We have been looking at the story of King Saul and finding how not to live into our God-given potential. This week's story, found mostly in 1 Samuel 15, provides Saul another opportunity to fully obey the command of God. Do you ever struggle to obey God, especially when the command doesn't quite seem right? How do we grow in our relationship with the Lord to the point where we trust Him in these moments? What does God have you reflecting on this week? Join us Sunday at 10:30am... but our worship service will only be online! Go to our website at (www.emmettnaz.org) and click on the Link to the Service. If you would like to start preparing, read 1 Samuel 15.
1. What is one thing that stood out to you from this week’s message?
2. What does it look like in a situation in your life for you to have a “long obedience in the same direction”?
3. Why is it so important to remember that God is the agent of our good works?
4. In what ways are you denying God’s authority in your life?
5. What commands are hard for you to follow because they don’t seem to make sense or fit in your circumstances?
6. How can we pray for and encourage each other in this?