God’s Promises about Guidance—Isaiah 42:16
Why doesn’t God reveal His will all at once?
· Our impatience.
· The promises of God are about developing my faith.
· We may not like God’s plan.
God guides my by His Spirit—Psalm 143:10, John 14:26, John 16:13
· You must be indwell by the Holy Spirit.
· You must not grieve the Spirit.
· The Spirit of Christ gives us the mind of Christ so that we can understand the word of Christ.
God guides my by His Word—Psalm 119:105, Psalm 25:4-5
· The number one way God guides is through His Word.
· The Bible is more of a compass than a map.
· God’s will does not contradict with the Word of God.
God guides me by His people—Hebrews 10:24
· You were made for relationships.
· People who guide you must…
- Love God.
- Know God’s Word.
- Want God’s best for you.
God guides me by circumstances—Acts 16:6-10
Where I end up in life is not nearly as important as how I get there—Psalm 1:3