· Early church experience seemed to be different
· They were ALL filled
· Everyday common folks were all filled
· Seemed like normal Christian life to be filled
I. IT IS A COMMANDMENT TO BE FILLED WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT
18 And do not be drunk with wine, in which is dissipation; but be filled with the Spirit,
· All Christians young and old
· Constant; Continuous experience
· Can’t fill yourself only God fills you make yourself available
II. THREE WAYS YOU CAN TELL IF YOU ARE FILLED
19 speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord,
· Not a sense of humor, although that is not bad.
· Deep confidence and sense of “alrightness” no matter what you are feeling or the circumstances.
· Jesus Had it